Old January 10th 05, 10:16 PM
Steve Haigh

Champ wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:00:40 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

From www.tagesanzeiger.ch - a summary translated by myself.

"Snowboarder in Italien nach Zusammenstoss mit Skifahrer gestorben"

BELLUNO - A 38 year-old snowboarder died after a collision with a skier in
the Dolomites. The skier left the injured snowboarder lying in the snow
without offering any assistance. The snowboarder was rammed by the skier who
was travelling at a very high speed.

He would have been much safer off piste :-)

No need for the smiley, I think you have a valid point. Sensible
off-piste skiing is, in my opinion, safer than skiing on a piste,
especially if the pistes are crowded and/or icy.

I've had several close shaves on the piste [none my fault] and yet have
never felt in the slightest bit of danger off the piste, mainly because
off piste is usually quieter and skiers/boarders tend to be more
experienced, more respectful of the conditions and of each other and
just plain better behaved.