Old January 10th 05, 12:34 PM
Ace

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:18:48 GMT, "Le Dieu" wrote:

Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's one of
those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around the skis. It
advertised itself as padded but there's barely any padding anywhere. How do
you stop the ski edges from tearing all your stuff to shreds in transport?
Any tips? Have pity on a stupid person. Thanks,

If you have those little velcro straps to hold the skis together this
won't be a problem as the edges will be firmly pressed to each other.
When we fly with skis (rare these dayas but we did when we went to
Canada at xmas) I always also strap the (2 pairs of) skis and poles
together in the bag, and my bag has no less than three sets of straps
on the outside too.

Get 'em secure enough and they won't be able to move, so no damage
will be possible.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)