Old January 10th 05, 10:54 AM
Le Dieu

"Ace" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:00:40 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

From www.tagesanzeiger.ch - a summary translated by myself.

"Snowboarder in Italien nach Zusammenstoss mit Skifahrer gestorben"

BELLUNO - A 38 year-old snowboarder died after a collision with a skier in
the Dolomites. The skier left the injured snowboarder lying in the snow
without offering any assistance. The snowboarder was rammed by the skier
who
was travelling at a very high speed.

I find this a bit like the fairly frequent "biker down" threads on
ukrm. I mean, was it anybody I know, or you know? If not, what's the
big deal? I mean, it's not _that_ unusual an occurence.

I suppose, like the biker threads, it's a bit like the, 'if not for the
grace of god' thing. I'd just like to think that if somone wiped me out
they'd stop to check if they could do anything to help.

A. D.