Old August 5th 03, 01:18 PM
Walt

Default Dylan and the Dead

Dave Stallard wrote:

I used to make 'em with Four Roses or JW Dant. Now I use Makers Mark or
Elijah Craig or some other spendy yuppie whisky.
Could be the cheap stuff makes better Juleps...

Four Roses?? That stuff is for export only. I've only had it in
Europe. When/where were you making Juleps out of it?

Early eighties, mid-atlantic region. Not exactly the south, but below
the Mason Dixon line. About the only thing I remember about 4 roses is
that it was cheap.

I haven't had JW Dant (I think it's a Heaven Hill brand), but it is
pretty downscale, I believe.

Now *that's* an understatement! Think rubbing alcohol with a little
shoe polish for color.

--
//-Walt
//