Old August 4th 03, 08:54 PM
Dave Stallard

Default Dylan and the Dead

Walt wrote:

Dave Stallard wrote:

Another use for all that mint is, of course, the Mint Julep.

Ya know, I've tried on many occasions to make a Mint Julep, but I just
can't seem to make a decent one on this side of the Mason Dixon line.
When I used to live on the other side I could make 'em pretty good, but
up here they just come out wrong. Something's missing, but I can't put
my finger on what it is...

I live in the north, and I've had a few, but to be honest, they haven't
been too good either. They ought to be, since they combine two things I
like a lot: mint and bourbon. Maybe it's because people don't know how
to make them right, or maybe it's because I just don't like bourbon
cocktails. I don't like Manhattans either.

What kind of bourbon do you use? I've got a hunch that ryed bourbons
would work better than wheated ones like Maker's Mark. For that matter,
I wonder how a rye whiskey would work in a Julep...

Dave