Old August 4th 03, 06:50 PM
Dave Stallard

Default Dylan and the Dead

bdubya wrote:

Glad you enjoyed the show. We were at home trying our level best to
combat the mint that has infested the front yard. I think we've hit
upon a good solution: the mojito. Muddle a good handful of the mint
with about 1 tbsp. powdered sugar and a little water (I cheat; I
actually grind it all into a paste with a mortar and pestle). Divide
the mint, sugar and squeezings between a couple of glasses full of
ice, squeeze 1/2 lime into each glass, then drop the half-lime in on
top of the mint. Add a shot or two of light rum, top them off with
club soda, and serve. Repeat until the yard looks good, checking your
teeth occasionally for flecks of mint.

Ah the Mojito. I had a damn good one Saturday night, as it happens.

Another use for all that mint is, of course, the Mint Julep.

Dave