Old January 20th 05, 08:44 AM
KMM

"DMG" wrote in message
Just come back from Les Gets where my skis and poles were stolen from
outside a restaurant near the top of a mountain while I was having lunch.

waited around for 2 hrs to see if they had been taken by accident but they
didn't re-appear. (My poles were fairly unique carbon composite ones so

not
easy to take by mistake.) Two points:

How do they do it? I mean, how did the thief get up there (crappy old

skis
maybe) and why bother? Wouldn't it be easier to steal them lower down or

in
the resort?

A wee tip for you. If skiing with someone, swap one of their skis over so
that you stack both pairs with an odd one. Then you should place your skis
apart, opposite ends of the restaurant area etc..

A thief will not bother if he finds two odd skis stacked and certainly wont
spend time looking for the other one amongst the dozens usually found
outside restaurants.

Kevin.