Old September 3rd 08, 11:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
john

Default Anyone try retro classic 3 wheel rollerskis

On Sep 3, 1:16*am, wrote:
There are differences between the 910, 920 and 930 wheels and who uses
them typically. *While the 150s are not the rollerski of champions
except in unusual circumstances, the 910s are. *That's why I asked. *I
take it your circumstances are desperate if you're using the 150s.
Usually, the recommendation is to change the surface or terrain rather
than take up a rollerski that promotes bad technique, as using the 150
tends to do (speaking from experience and as an instructor). *For
classical, I used a 930 model converted into a three wheeler for a few
years, before deciding to switch to Marwe combis with the classical
wire wheel extensions. *With that, I also adjusted the terrain to my
tolerance level on downhills w/o a speed reducers and the size of the
Marwe wheels (70mm?). *

Gene

I'm curious how the 150's will work for classic. I'm not a champion
skier, so I'm mostly looking to get some balance and general
conditioning. My technique is lousy anyway, so I'm not too worried
about i at this point. I had the Mawres for a while, but got sick of
the limited options for where I could use them safely around here, so
I did not use them much. With the 150's, I look forward to getting
out the door.

Perhaps I'll get more used to the 910's on the downhills, they are not
bad but on the steep hills with the reducers on high they get sort of
unstable for my tastes.