Old September 11th 03, 08:28 PM
lal_truckee

Default Vail vs Courchevel?

OswCar wrote:

Hi,
We are a group of 8 persons that are planning to go to ski next 17th
of January for a week.
We have been in Vail, so we decided to go to Courchevel to visit a new
place for us, but after reading some posts that talks about the icy
and lack of snow in Courchevel, we now have doubts about going there.
The ski and after ski in Vail is excellent and we don't want to be in
Courchevel thinking about how good was Vail. If you were us, Would
you try Vail again or you would choose Courchevel?

Where are you starting from? Travel costs and time make a difference in
planning a ski trip.

Vail is not the only good ski resort in N America. It's not even in the
top 10 if excellent skiing was the draw, although lots of vacationers
like its "ambiance". For example Whistler in Canada or Heavenly in
California fit your interests of guarenteed good January snow, lots of
intermediate terrain, and good apres ski; and they surpass Vail in every
measure known except expense.

Are the snow conditions for mid january in Courchevel as good as Vail?

The Alps have had some difficult years recently - maybe they're due a
good year? I have no way to predict.

Would you go to some other resort?

We are intermediate skiers.

Thanks.