Old April 28th 13, 11:13 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba[_2_]

Default Roll your own rollerskis

On 26/04/2013 18:21, wrote:
For various reasons, I need ones a couple of
metres long, with ratchet wheels on the front and a REAR braking
system operated by moving my calves.

Hi Nick, you seem reluctant to tell us why you Really Really need this
item, who would be using it and on what terrain.

If you could give us some clues as to its potential usage I'm sure the
skiers on here could help.

I believe that length will not get you round any of the sharp corners on
the tracks used for our roller ski events and as for going up inclines
you will need those forward roll wheels to stop you from glissading
backwards.
As for the long road in Hyde Park or on Blackpool Promenade you will not
have the ability to skip around the gawpers who stop in front of you as
we do on roller blades or roller skis.