Old January 6th 04, 09:45 AM
MoonMan

Default Do you forget how to Ski??

Chris Wilburn wrote:
This might sound silly but I cannot really find any kind of answer
(perhaps because there is not one) but here goes.

I have just booked a trip to Livigno, Italy with 4 mates for February
this year.

They have all been skiing several times and I suppose are classed as
intermediate / advanced level.

I have only been once before, but this was 7 years ago when I was
then 16 years old.
By the end of this 7 day trip was parallel skiing confidently after 8
hrs tuition and on the last day even managed a red run.

My question is do you ever forget how to ski?? Is it like riding a
bike were once you have mastered it you really never forget or will I
have to start from the beginning. I am guessing the answer will be
somewhere in between.

Can anyone out there shed any light on the subject, and perhaps also
how you think I would get on in Livigno. From what I hear on the
internet it is good for beginners / intermediate level skiers.

Thanks in advance

Chris

I would suggest spending an hour or so at your local dry slope or
SnowDome/zone. this should at least start to bring your unused skiing
reflexes back. you don't lose them they just have to be used.

From my massive experience of livigno (1 day last year) I would say you
should have a great time.

--
Chris *:-)