Old August 27th 04, 01:17 AM
TCS

The claim didn't hit me as much as the thought of a ski
area near Greely. Now that is more than a little strange.

Good observation. That would make Sharktooth the farthest east of any Colorado
ski area. And the only one actually located in the prairie, rather than (at
least) in the foothills.

Oops! I just checked my map. SUGARITE, also known as RATON SKI BASIN, was
actually farther east. But it was located in the foothills.

[FWIW, Sugarite is usually listed as a New Mexico ski area - accessed from the
town of Raton, NM - , but was actually located just north of the NM/CO border.]

TCS (trivia are us)

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Loveland opens in less than 2 months.