Old May 10th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Talk about Gross

On May 8, 5:35*am, "ant"
wrote:
Clarencedarrow wrote:
Getting old is such a bitch. I've got gout and had bad tophi deposits
on the middle toe of the left foot. I had the podiatrist scrape the
toe out yesterday and in a few weeks I'll have surgery to fully clean
it and repair the joint. My daughter said that if they cut it off to
put it in a jar and she wants it. The really bad thing is no more red
meat or high-heeled shoes.

I'm back in heels! after losing the use of my feet and ankles in 2002, and
thanks to some controversial orthotics (they roll), I'm spending obscene
amounts of money on Italian shoes with actual high heels, and they feel
great. I had osteo arthritis in the toes and toe joints in my 20s, and
that's stilll there, but these orthotics have got everything firing again.
Very happy! I can eat red meat, drink wine, and wear high heels. *So there
you got, mate, find a decent podiatrist, and you'll be wanting to run again.