Old May 10th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

Default Talk about Gross

On May 9, 8:50*pm, "ant"
wrote:
Walt wrote:
ant wrote:
Walt wrote:

// ...the last time I wore high heels was at a Slade concert...

Wow, I never saw them in concert.

I don't remember much, other than tottering into the arena on these
ridiculous platform shoes that were all the rage at the time.

It's interesting that portions of the 70s fashion are back, like flares
(I've even got some), and the girlies are wearing platforms again, but the
boys aren't. And the high-waisted boy's flares don't seem to have made it
back either, and of course the girlies are wearing low-waists.
I haven't seen anyone in white suits yet, either.

That, and the fact that they blew a fuse in the middle of the show,
which at the time I and all my headbanging friends thought was really
cool. *"Dude, they like blew a fuse and ****. *That's awsome." *Now
that I'm older, I realize blowing a fuse in the middle of a show is a
sign of incompetence on the part of the road crew, not a measure of
how "rad" a rock band is.

Probably some dodgey equipment there somewhere, or an overloaded
circuit/series. *Or maybe it was a cunning way to stop the show early!
I saw a few shows in the late 70s, including Cheap Trick at an outdoor
stadium, but in those days the sound levels were insane and sometimes it was
hard to work out what hte song was through all the distortion.

--
ant
Don't try to email me!

I figured you to be more of an AC/DC or INXS fan.