Old January 24th 05, 06:59 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-24, Black Metal Martha penned:

I saw that one on TV, pretty wild. I had a tumbler yesterday at Kirkwood
that was the most spectacular fall I've ever had.

[snip]

Oooh. Is this an invitation to share our nastiest-ever falls?

The screen shimmers and we find ourselves watching a grainy, black and white
video recording ...

I remember it like it was yesterday, though it must have been almost ten years
ago. The gentle slope had powder-puff moguls on it, as soft as could be. It
was my very first mogul run. Somehow, I got through all of the moguls and was
skiing triumphantly toward the bottom of the lift, which ran above this run,
when ... I hit a bump. It was probably about the size of a fist, maybe
smaller, but it actually threw me into the air and I landed on my stomach. It
knocked the wind out of me, cracked the lens of my goggles, and gave me a
bloody nose. All under the lift, of course. Then, to add insult to injury,
ski patrol came and wasted about an hour of my ski day forcing me to fill out
waiver forms. Boo, hiss!

--
monique
Longmont, CO