Old January 3rd 17, 10:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Brian Head versus Arizona Snowbowl?

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 6:00:42 PM UTC-8, The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/02/2017 04:53 PM, wrote:
On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 12:00:44 PM UTC-8, Toller wrote:
Last year I posted that I was visiting a friend in Sedona AZ and we
wanted ski. I have never been on Western snow, and wondered where
to go. People recommended Brian Head as the closest place worth
going to.

My friend asked how it was better than Arizona Snowbowl. On paper
they are roughly equal; but of course we don't ski on paper.

Assuming ASB has decent snow, what about BH might be worth driving
4 times as far?

If your timing is right Brian Head is good for a day of skiing on
your way to or from Park City area or Cottonwood Canyons.

Starting in Vegas, Cedar City (the I-15 exit for Brian Head)

IF the road is open. If closed, turn right at Parowan.

is about where I have to stop and take a leak.

Gas at Costco in Vegas? I was really ****ed to find that the easy one
to get to doesn't sell the usual stuff.

Have you visited Kolob Canyon? If not, do so.

--
Cheers, Bev
When cryptography is outlawed, only outlaws will

Breakfast at midnight in Vegas means skiing the next day somewhere (if the roads and weather cooperate, and I have seen them not). I spun out my brother-in-law's van on black ice on the long uphill south of Cedar City, but right down the dotted line, ending up facing exactly the wrong way. The other passengers were all asleep and woke to find me turning around in the middle of the interstate. Another time I gave up trying to pass trucks because they were throwing up so much snow that I couldn't see 20 feet - about a mile down the road we came upon a wrecker towing a car out of the median effectively blocking the left lane.