Old January 2nd 17, 08:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Brian Head versus Arizona Snowbowl?

On 01/02/2017 12:00 PM, Toller wrote:
Last year I posted that I was visiting a friend in Sedona AZ and we
wanted ski. I have never been on Western snow, and wondered where to
go. People recommended Brian Head as the closest place worth going
to.

My friend asked how it was better than Arizona Snowbowl. On paper
they are roughly equal; but of course we don't ski on paper.

Assuming ASB has decent snow, what about BH might be worth driving 4
times as far?

I normally ski in SoCal at Big Bear. 180 miles round trip. I gladly
rented a car and drove 1,000 miles to ski at Brian Head for a week.
Excellent grooming, friendly staff, great on-slope food, inexpensive
lift tickets and lodging, and it's close to incredibly beautiful
National Parks and Monuments.

Never been to Snowbowl.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity