Old November 17th 16, 08:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default It's Nov 9

On Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 4:34:36 PM UTC-8, Richard Henry wrote:
And a few years ago at Mammoth this date was the earliest in the season I have ever skied. I recall it as a well-groomed light snowpack with mixed gravel. It was, however, winter cold and windy.

Nothing available within easy traveling distance this year.

They are open today (and maybe a couple days sooner because I haven't been checking much). Chairs 1 and 3 and both ends of the gondola.

http://www.mammothmountain.com/winte...ams/summit-cam