Old September 24th 16, 03:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Toller[_3_]

Default Necessary to get new bindings checked?

I just bought a Volkl 81ATM. The binding just slide on and fasten with a screw (though they don't give instructions, to try and stop you from doing it...).

Is it necessary to get them checked, or can you assume new binding are accurate? The charts say to set them at 6, but I always use 5 and find it works fine; so I have a little margin of safety if they are off a bit. If they are too low I guess I will find out quickly enough.

I don't mind the $20, but no one around here does it.

While I am on the subject, the bindings say they have "triple pivot elite" toes but don't say anywhere what the triple means. Do they also open if you fall straight back? Pretty sure I've never done that, but maybe some day..