Old September 5th 16, 08:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Where would you go from Sedona AZ?

On 9/5/16 1:16 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
On Sunday, September 4, 2016 at 5:26:10 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
On Sunday, September 4, 2016 at 6:34:37 AM UTC-7, Toller wrote:
What is a reasonable compromise between travel time and great skiing? Something more than Arizona Snowbowl. I happen to like groomed trails, so the amount they do is an important factor also.
Thanks.

Curiously, you are about equidistant between Big Bear areas and Northern New Mexico areas.

How about a tour of second-rank areas? Mt Charleston in Nevada, then June Mt in California, Mt Rose back in Nevada, and Mt Shasta in California. I guarantee no one has ever done that tour before.

Had to look Shasta up - last I noticed was back in the late 70s when the
avalanche took out the lifts; I didn't notice when local money opened a
low key ski area on the flank: so, go ahead and send ski folks up to Shasta.
In any case, Shasta the mountain should be on everyone's bucket list.