Old September 1st 16, 03:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Ski gear cleanout

On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 10:34:18 PM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
On 08/31/2016 01:17 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
Speaking of throwing things out, whatever happened to old Itchy Chin?
On a soccer website today, I saw a video of a guy performing what he
called "free-style football", From the movements and the commentary
(the only right way to do it and the like), I was immediately
reminded of Tai Chi Skiing.

Good times...

And what about the little wheels you could attach to the ends of your
skis so you could roll them? I can't remember the cutesy name, but
every once in a while when I'm really tired I think that maybe that
wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Ski-daddle! The human mind is a wonderful thing.

--
Cheers, Bev
Todd Flanders' hobbies include being quiet on long rides,

A couple of years ago when I was in my campaign to ski every area near Lake Tahoe, I rode up on a chair with a guy who had some unusually short skis with a see-through top layer and what looked like ball bearings in a thick fluid that squished around as he moved them. I am sure he told me all about them*, but I can't remember anything he said.

*People who wear, carry, or use odd bits of technology - do they get sick of explaining them to everybody they meet? I have a friend here in San Diego that owns a fancy Italian sports car, but he rarely drives it -- "Every time I stop at a light I have to tell my whole life story."