Old August 30th 16, 03:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Ski gear cleanout

On 08/30/2016 06:31 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

On one trip up there, the plastic inner fender panel on my wife's car
got hung up on a parking lot curb block and bent back far enough to
be rubbing on the tire. I didn't notice that until we were back on
the freeway - much noise and some smoke. The problem was obvious
after I pulled over to the shoulder and looked in the wheelwell, so I
yanked the cord out of my hoody and tied the panel back in place.

It's still there, and there are some thongs along with plastic
tie-wraps in my truck toolbox now.

Excellent!

Something similar happened to me in the Caddy, but I was lightly
sideswiped (my fault) by a truck. I pulled it back as well as I could
and had to have it smashed back by my friendly local mechanic. It's
still not perfect, but who needs to turn sharp corners anyway?

Once I have found I need something I'm not carrying with me I add it to
my collection of essentials. This explains why my purse weighs 10 pounds.

--
Cheers, Bev
"History I believe furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people