Old August 30th 16, 01:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Ski gear cleanout

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 4:01:30 PM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
On 08/29/2016 03:47 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

...and some leather thongs.

There's a joke there somewhere...

--
Cheers, Bev
Subscribe today to "Fire in the Hole - the Quarterly Journal

It's too long a story, but you got me started --

One of my favorite items of clothing is a hoody (hooded sweatshirt). They usually come with a cord in a channel around the hood to snug it up around the face. Those cords often disappear, like a half-pair of socks, the first time a hoody goes through the washing machine. I had such an experience with a hoody bearing the logo of the college 2 of my children attended, one I wore a lot when visiting them there. I replaced the cord with one from the bundle of leather thongs I had bought years before at a handicraft store for a macrame project.

On one trip up there, the plastic inner fender panel on my wife's car got hung up on a parking lot curb block and bent back far enough to be rubbing on the tire. I didn't notice that until we were back on the freeway - much noise and some smoke. The problem was obvious after I pulled over to the shoulder and looked in the wheelwell, so I yanked the cord out of my hoody and tied the panel back in place.

It's still there, and there are some thongs along with plastic tie-wraps in my truck toolbox now.