Old July 21st 16, 07:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Jeopardy gets slope degree/percent wrong

On 07/21/2016 08:03 AM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 7/20/16 8:57 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
From the box score in my son's last year playing college soccer (UC
Davis at Oregon State)

Foul on UC Davis. [59:57] Yellow card on UCD Henry, Alex. [60:01]
Shot by OSU Seymore, Will BLOCKED. [60:08] OSU substitution: Small,
Devonte for Bergen, Chance. [60:08] UCD substitution: Mohageg,
Lucas for Henry, Alex.

Reading between the lines -- my son committed the foul, for which
he received a yellow card. He stood in the wall facing the free
kick, and blocked the shot - with his head. That gave him a
concussion, so he was taken out for the rest of the game, and that
was the only time he missed all season.

The only part of that I understood was from "blocked the shot" on. I
really hated soccer as a kid and was just SOOOO thankful that neither of
my kids showed any interest. If they had I would have had to beat it
out of them, and they were plenty tough -- I would have been really
tired when I was finished :-(

Not to worry - there's medical magic in soccer. I've seen players
with injuries hideous, flopping in horrifying pain, begging
alternatively for mother and morphine, leap up instantly cured to
rejoin the fray. As I said, I can only attribute it to soccer medical
magic. May it always protect your son.

See below.

--
Cheers, Bev
"If you expect to score points by whining, join a European soccer team."

--Demotivators poster