Old July 21st 16, 03:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Jeopardy gets slope degree/percent wrong

On 7/20/16 8:57 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
From the box score in my son's last year playing college soccer (UC Davis at Oregon State)

Foul on UC Davis.
[59:57] Yellow card on UCD Henry, Alex.
[60:01] Shot by OSU Seymore, Will BLOCKED.
[60:08] OSU substitution: Small, Devonte for Bergen, Chance.
[60:08] UCD substitution: Mohageg, Lucas for Henry, Alex.

Reading between the lines -- my son committed the foul, for which he received a yellow card. He stood in the wall facing the free kick, and blocked the shot - with his head. That gave him a concussion, so he was taken out for the rest of the game, and that was the only time he missed all season.

Not to worry - there's medical magic in soccer.
I've seen players with injuries hideous, flopping in horrifying pain,
begging alternatively for mother and morphine, leap up instantly cured
to rejoin the fray.
As I said, I can only attribute it to soccer medical magic. May it
always protect your son.