Old May 18th 16, 04:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Jay and Burke in trouble?

On 05/17/2016 08:39 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 7:45:40 AM UTC-7, lal_truckee wrote:
On 5/17/16 7:11 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
Burke Mountain Academy, the private high school near the base of
Burke Mt ski area, is apparently confident that Burke will
re-open next season. They have announced plans to build an
indoor training facility on their campus.

http://burkemtnacademy.org/burke-mou...ning-facility/

Used to be a school would have a gym, and maybe a weight room; now
it's got to be an "indoor training facility" undoubtedly maintained
by a custodial engineer.

When I was in high school, we had Gym twice a week. When I went to
college, it was Phys Ed. My kids in high school took Exercise
Science.

Gym 1 hour every day, which meant a lot of changing clothes, standing
around, doing some sport for 15 minutes, showering (REQUIRED for the
girls, not for the boys), changing clothes and going to class. We also
had to wash AND IRON our gym clothes every week. The boys wore the same
filthy clothes for the entire year if they were fastidious, the entire
four years for the rest.

My official college transcript from SDSU shows a 1-hour A for
Beginning Volleyball, a course I never took. I assume it was
incorrectly assigned to my record - that was in the days when
computers were just starting to mess up our lives. I hope some kid
didn't have trouble graduating because he was missing that credit.

3 hours/week required in JC. I took ballroom dancing to avoid having to
change clothes.

We were also required to try out for Rose Queen or get an F for the
[required] course, even Mary C who weighed 350 pounds. Cruel.

--
Cheers, Bev
"If the Eskimos have a thousand different words for "snow," does this