Old March 4th 16, 10:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default volkl kendo vs stockli Stormrider 88

On 3/4/16 9:33 AM, downhill wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
You are correct; All big time car race drivers got their start on what
is essentially the kiddie go-cart track.

Agreeing with idiots only takes you to their level.

Not being hostile. Pointing out that everybody starts somewhere. You
don't even move right into dirt track racing without experience. Cart is
a common starting point, as is dirt bike.

Our mutually argumentative co-poster is wrong to disparage NASTAR thus.

NASTAR isn't as popular here in the west as it appears to be in the
east; I don't believe I've ever seen a NASTAR course. (Maybe at Bend
long ago.) I don't know why. Daily I see training courses with coaching
set for everyone from 5 year olds to Masters and elites, but no NASTAR.
Decades past coin-op timed courses were commonly set for civilians but
not NASTARized.