Old February 29th 16, 01:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Joseph VLcek

Default volkl kendo vs stockli Stormrider 88

On Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 9:47:52 PM UTC-5, downhill wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

Anyway, the skier is more important than the ski.

A good skier transcends equipment. That's why I buy all my stuff at
yard sales.

I do not completely agree. I look at some of the skiers in rear entry
boots and skis with binding from 25 years ago, and I think the only
transition they are going to make is for a sled ride.
From my perspective it matters, as racing is 95% mental knowing my
equipment is fresh is an edge.
But like today when you leave a good piece of equipment in the bag and
you hit your arm on the gate where that good piece of arm protector
should have been.
New helmets are required with FIS stickers for racers, and the carbon
fiber helmet does not meet FIS rules and is no longer produced. great
light helmet

Why is it people feel compelled to reply with personal opinions totally unrelated to the question?

We just love to hear ourselves talk don't we?

Thanks for the non-sense-anwers

Joe