Old September 2nd 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Anyone try retro classic 3 wheel rollerskis

I've tried them and didn't like them. Too heavy and too stable in a
way (i.e., feels more like a Nordic Trak than actual skiing).

I opted for a V2 9000 series which has an extra long shaft, a 910
wheel in the back and one of the narrow 100mm wheels up front (with
speed reducer). I like these a lot, as they're a little challenging
to balance on, and with the ratchet way up front on the narrow wheel,
it feels like you do have to press down a bit to get kick.

I'm hoping Len offers a composite version of the 9000 shaft at some
point...

Jon