Old January 22nd 04, 08:31 PM
paul m

Default Damned chair...

Alas, I've had poor luck with Salomon in this regard.

AOL

The highback on my SP5 is breaking, it's sort of tearing across the bottom
end, just above the wrap around heel metal bit thing. I've called Salomon
but they've not returned any calls.

I've only have the bindings for 2 years, so I'm deeply disappointed.
Couple that with the spontaneous release of the straps last season, and
I'm wondering what's next to go wrong. When I go shopping next (soon),
I'll be looking at other manufacturers.

you know, now that i think about it, my SP4's are broken too. there's a
rivet, or more specifically a screw without a slot that holds the inner, wider
part of the highback to the longer part that swivels at the heel. this
missing rivet allows the squarish inner highback part to move a bit, which i
haven't noticed specifically causing issues while riding, but it definitely
concerns me. and i have to say that i *love* the salomon bindings. far and
away better than any burton bindings i've owned. mind you, the burton
bindings i've had were all customs and missions. ie, not really apples to
apples. ie, not really apples to apples. methinks i will be giving my LSBS a
ring.

i would still buy salomon tho, as these bindings rock when they are complete.

good turns...
paul