Old January 26th 04, 04:29 AM
Griss

Default next ski set for 6 year old

"Rob Bradlee" wrote in message
o.com...
At age 6 she's ready for real boots, combi skis, and poles. She can
classic ski on waxable skis and skate when the skis are glide waxed.
Then she just needs a group of other kids and a lot of games to play on
skis.

Yes I agree with this 100%. Playing on skis, having friends who ski `(this
was what put my kids into skiing through their teen years) and just
generally having skiing be one of the fun play/rec activities they do is by
far the most important thing for a 6 year old. Far, far more important than
any thought to technique - that will come. Second most important thing,
never go overboard with a day skiing or a tour - burnout, fatigue, etc. can
be tough to counteract. Just my experience, having made some mistakes 8-).

As for equipment - it's already been said - decent boots, skis and poles.
Make sure the boots fit well with warm socks.
Grissy