Old December 7th 04, 11:28 PM
lal_truckee

Timo wrote:
I've got a pair of Tecnica 7 Senses ski boots, which were reviewed as being
well suited for a wider foot. Tecnica were also recommended to me here on
r.s.a. These boots actually accommodate my wide forefoot better than any
others I've tried but they're painfully tight at the calf. Will this upper
area of the boot loosen up with use or is this a reason to return them and
keep looking?

Check at a full service boot shop for longer bails for the top buckle.
Should open the cuff enough to relieve your calf pressure.

Another boot I've tried, which worked out very well for the high instep, was
the Nordica SMARTech, though it was not as roomy in the toebox as I need it
to be. A hybrid of the Nordica SMARTech and the Tecnica 7 Senses would be
ideal.

Take it as a challenge and start cutting and welding the plastic - let
us know how it comes out...