Old October 18th 04, 11:12 PM
Don Lee

I went there last year and it was great. Terrain was excellent and
challenging. Would have been better if it had fresh snow, but that's the
chance one has to take. I would recommend staying in Golden which is only
10 min away. That is were all the action is if any since it is mainly a
truck stop. There is nothing to do up at the base after hours. The
mountain is small and therefore only good for skiing two days before you get
tired of it (unless, of course, there is fresh powder).

--

remove 'nospam' for correct email address
"Jeff" "fartecho at yahoo dot com" wrote in message
I'm interested in heading to Kicking Horse in mid february...but myself
and the remainder of my group arae all broke university students that
will barely have enough to scrape by. Ideally, we want to find a shared
condo that could fit up to 6-8 people. I'd do Banff, as it seems
cheaper, but I would like to try something less tapped into...and I hear
kicking horse has some of the toughest terrain of the CDN west...true?
I've only done whistler/blackcomb in the rockies, and apart from the
lineups, ridiculous amount of people everywhere else, rainy weather when
I was there...it wasn't bad...but the terrain wasn't too too
difficult...i really want to test my limits here.

Anyway, I'm basically looking for a cheap way to stay in either Kicking
Horse, or somewhere similar (suggestions?) during mid Feb. of '05.
Hopefully an on mountain condo. but...CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP is my motto.
Email me @ fartecho at yahoo dot com or reply to the post if you've got
help for me.

Jeff

ps-sorry for the crosspost