Old December 11th 04, 07:22 AM
J. Urrrk

"Sean" wrote in message
link.net...
Hi all,

Could any of you that have spent time at Steamboat and Vail shed

some light
on how the blues at each compare? I have heard that Steamboat blue

trails
would be green at most of the other slopes in CO. I'm taking the

girlfriend
to Vail in a couple of weeks and she is crossing the line between

beginner
and intermediate skiier- she had no problems with the blues at

Steamboat,
but if a
Vail blue is a little tougher I'd like to line her up with a lesson

on day
one. (Neither of us have been to Vail)

Also, for those that have ridden Vail - are the back bowls for the

extreme
boarders or could an intermediate level rider handle the terrain?

I love Vail. No end to the fun that can be found there.

I don't believe there is anything beyond an intermediate boarder.
But, that being said, I really don't think you can get to the goods
at Vail on a board. It's just not possible. But Hominids did
eventaully walk erect. No doubt boarders will eventually realize the
shortcomings of thier equipment, and convert to the one true way.

J. Urrrk, Intermediate Boarder.