Old December 30th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

Default Slalom, What is my Problem?

Brock wrote:
For anyone here who has an interest in ski racing, you will know that
there are many different types of it. I personally compete in Slalom
and GS type courses. I am relatively proficient in GS, having placed
15th in the state race last year, but for some reason, I just can't
grasp slalom. My problem with it is that in the beginning of each race,
I begin going down through the course, and usually do very well within
the first 3 gates, but after a couple more, I find myself getting later
and later with each gate.

It's hard to say because I don't have a video of you in the course,
but, if you are late, then you are starting your turn to late. Your
1st three gates are good because you have not come up to speed. After
gate three, your speed is up and your turn initiation is late.

Again, it's just a guess, but it's a really common problem in SL. You
have to be forward and quick from turn to turn in SL. It's a
cumulative effect if you are not right on.

My .02 worth.
--
Marty