Old October 22nd 09, 09:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
The Older Gentleman[_2_]

Default Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

That bloody cost me.

Number One Daughter recently turned 18, and for her present, I asked if
she'd like a ski kit: boots, skis, etc. As she's lived on hand-me-downs
since the age of four, she beamed.

So I left her, with her mother, at the Snow & Rock stand, while I
wandered round, trying to find accommodation for us at half-term[1].

And every time I went back, the price tag had jumped by £50.

Not saying what it cost, but she's got a pair of Atomic boots, Volkl
skis and I-dunno-what bindings, and shell-shocked, I simply peeled the
notes off the roll of twenties I got from the sale of the BMW K100RS
recently.

And she's crooning over the kit. The boots are electrically heated, FFS.
I mean, when I was her age, I was on bloody leather lace-up things.

Oh well. Money well spent: a daughter on Cloud Nine, and if she's like
her Dad, the kit will last her[2].

[1] A nice apartment in Montgenevre, £900 for the three of us.
[2] My old Salomon boots did me for 22 years[3].
[3] And my Look 55 double-pivot bindings, transferred from skis to skis,
for nearly as long.

--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F Triumph Street Triple
Suzuki TS250ER (currently Beaving) Damn, back to five bikes!