Old December 16th 03, 02:05 PM
PG

Default conditions Tarentaise

"Bill Seddon" wrote in message
news |
| "PG" wrote in message
|
| Is it possible they are saving stuff for the busier weeks? I
know the snow
| is pretty thin, but even when a perfect cover I've skied this
time of year
| and only a few lifts were open in Tignes due to the number of
people there.
| Still plenty skiing though. Is anyone out there actually
skiing at the
| moment? It can't be all that bad. Where would you recommend
in Tarentaise.

| the ever optimistic snow forecast dot com has some down for
Sunday, and
| Meteo France has some for Saturday, so it may be ok for when I
get the skis
| on on monday.

As David says elsewhere it was reasonably ok (comparatively
speaking) above 2200 in Courchevel over last weekend, but rocky
in Val Thorens even at 3200.. Further up the Tarentaise La Plagne
is better then Les Arcs, Tignes is skiable, but it's going to be
pretty crowded whereever you go this time next week. Season pass
holders are still banned from skiing Les Arcs for the time being.

Where are you heading?

Pete