Old September 22nd 03, 08:12 AM
Nigel

Default Innsbruck Mountains (and bars)

Take the train West from Innsbruck to St Anton its much quicker . Train
stops right in town. Taiun East takes you to Kitzbuhl & Zell & Zee
You used to be able (not sure if they still do it) ride the Olympic
Bobsleigh Run at IGLS . You got down the run in a special 3 man
bobsleigh sandwiched between to Pro riders.
Stubai is really a place to go to when there is a lack of snow in the
resorts although it does get busy . There are some nice little resorts
along the StubaiTal (Stubai Valley ) ie; Fulpmes & Schlick2000
http://www.schlick2000.at/
http://www.stubaital.at/fulpmes/

Another nice little resort near Innsbruck is Steinach .Actually has some
quite decent skiing there when the snows good.

As for Bars . Innsbruck has more than Vienna and actually has good
nightlife .

Nigel

Enotrio Pallanzo wrote:

"Gary Looft" ha scritto nel messaggio

Hi. I'm heading to Innsbruck in January 2004. I know that there's five
resorts surrounding Innsbruck. What I'd like to know is which are
worth going to. Stubai Glacier appears to be the highest/largest and
most varied so we will definitely be going there. What is good, what
is not?

Axamer Lizum, South East Innsbruck, is worth spending one day. You are going
to try 5 of the 6 slopes of the Olympics.

If you wanna try the 6th, you just get to the Patscherkofel, Sout West
Innsbruck. Both resorts are really close to Innsbruck.

Stubai Gletscher is still worth spending one day, maybe 2, according to
weather conditions.

Much better is Hintertux Gletscher, but you need some more time to get
there. When you're there, always according to weather conditions, you won't
regret a single minute of the trip. I find this Gletscher the best I ever
tried. The slopes have nothing to envy from non-Gletscher ski resorts.
Another day has been spent.

I can't help with Kitzbuehel and St. Anton trips from Innsbruck, but in your
shoes I would invest my time in the trips.

Have fun.

Enotrio