Old October 16th 10, 05:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Stuart[_5_]

Default No instructing for me this winter...

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
In article , "Stuart"
wrote:

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
....and that's OK.

Last year, I didn't instruct because Cypress Mountain downsized their
staff during the Olympic Games. This year they've changed the rules
enough that it's no longer worth the hassle.

Oh, well... I guess I'll take my level II course this year and see what
next year brings...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

I did my Level 2 last March. Not much more difficult that Level 1 except
there is quite a bit more emphasis on "detection and correction" They
start
to get more picky with your demonstration skiing as well...

The demo skiing shouldn't be much of a problem for me...

....except with no ACL in my left knee I'm not wild about bumps.

There's no formal bump skiing or teaching in level 2, however there is "all
mountain tactics" which involve some off-piste skiing as a teaching tool,
and "free tactics" which may involve doing 360's charlestons zig zags which
may bother your knees if you get carried away.

Bumps are for level 3