Old December 11th 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

Default Decisions, decisions

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:28:19 +0000, Pip Luscher squeezed out the
following:

Once again I'm wondering where to go and what to do. As ever, a mix of
skiing and snow boarding is the plan. On skis I like reasonably
challenging piste runs with the possibility of easy-ish off-piste, or
maybe another week of novice off-piste instruction. On the snowboard,
good snow and a good novice/intermediate fun park would be nice. I
might do another two-week ski-drive holiday.

Ski Beat seem to do reasonable deals on catered chalets in the 3V
(though I don't know what the billy-no-mates-rate might be): anyone
have any experience with them? I quite fancy a change from Flaine,
though if I did drive then Flaine would probably feature as at least
one of the weeks.

I've had several holidays with Ski Beat (La Plagne and Tignes) and
found them ok. A couple of times I've booked pre-Xmas at the last
minute and talked my way out of a single supplement.

I have to say if I were going back to the 3V I'd just head for VT. We
found Meribel and Courcheval crowded and expensive, whereas VT always
pleases.

--
Colin Irvine