Old October 27th 03, 07:45 AM
PG

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

"Ace" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:50:05 +0200, "PG"
wrote:

I do think, however, that more people will find the group if it

were
called snowsports rather than wintersports.

When was the last time you heard somebody use the term snow sports?

How about the British Association of Snowsports Instructors?
http://www.basi.org.uk

Heh.

It has become quite common usage among ski/board schools though.
Certain members even entertained the idea of renaming the Ski Club,
either to 'Snowsports Club...' or 'Ski & Board Club...'. Thankfully
this was rejected out of hand :-)

And haven't they renamed the B.S.S.F. 'UK Snowsports'..... (for greater
impact) ?

Not seen that, but it wouldn't surprise me tremendously.

Close, the BSSF is now "Snowsport GB " according to their site.