Old December 8th 04, 03:54 AM
Sean

Snip

There's plenty of 'easy' blues at Vail, no doubt. Stick to the Lionshead
side and you should be fine, except you might have to take the cat track
near the bottom, skipping the last pitch. Game Creek bowl (up on that
same side of the mountain) also has lots of blue/green.

BTW, I don't think that Steamboat's blues are in general easier than other
blues at big CO resorts.

As far as back bowls go (I'm chuckling thinking of the comments you'll
probably get), they're not extreme at all. Just a basic black pitch in
general, but ungroomed, so they would definitely tend to be harder...but
since you're (apparently) on a board, ungroomed is probably not that big
of a step. There are blue ways into the back, over on the China Bowl
side, that are partly groomed at least. I think Blue sky bowl (other
side of the drainage) is a little steeper and it's steeper on the west
end of the complex.

If a 'couple weeks' means before Christmas, then you should have
lots of fun.

-Paul C.

Thanks for the reply Paul. I've been looking over the map and
Lionshead/Game Creek look good for what we're doing...I'd like to get on
some of the more agressive terrain while I am there, but wanted to hear from
the experienced about the conditions.

Thanks again!