Old January 22nd 04, 03:38 PM
paul m

Default Seven Springs comes through/New gear!

I would describe my son's
current attitude toward snowboarding as unenthusiatic but coaxable,
which may describe much of a 14-year-old's outlook on life, come to
think of it.

I wish my Dad dragged me snowboarding at 14! Tsk, kids today, don't know
how lucky they are, mumble grumble, bah humbug.

no ****! i would be waaaay better than i am now! hucking massive 540's and
generally rocking.
uh, anyway...

joe, i'm glad to hear that you presevered! buying your own gear *is* a good
way to commit, and having previously read the soon to be massive "experience"
thread, thats the one thing that stood out to me.... you and your son just
needing to commit to the whole thing.
snowboarding sucks the first two times, but then on that magical third or
fouth day, it clicks and suddenly... you understand how cool it all is!
i know that you've heard that, but rest assured, its true.

i have a personal policy that i will *NOT* take people snowboarding unless
they absolutely commit to going three times. and i've since expanded that to
include the pre-purchase of three lift tickets for my newbie friends. and you
know, it works! it really does. if i bang into peoples heads that the
learning curve is a minimum of three days, and that the first couple are gonna
hurt, people know up front and don't wash out.

good luck joe, and i wish i could be there to help and encourage you. its too
bad that you don't have any snowboarder friends. if you only came to utah,
you'd have more help than you'd know what to do with.

i look forward to hearing about your next adventure!
paul