Old February 13th 04, 06:20 PM
bdubya

Default Weekend weather (was Jackson Hole Sucks)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:01:31 -0500, Walt
wrote:

bdubya wrote:
Walt wrote:
pigo wrote:

snipt

It's really ****ing cold here [SLC] now. -4F yesterday -2F today.

Cold is good. Good for the snow, builds character, keeps the riff-raff
off the slopes. I'm going to Searchmont tomorrow, where it's supposed to
-18C. Should be a great day. Last time I was there (two weeks ago) it
was -34C. I wish the weather was that good every day.

I'm bound for Copper Harbor (Mt. Bohemia) this evening.

Bite me.

Cold front coming through;

Cold is good. Good for the snow, builds character, keeps the riff-raff
off the slopes.

forecast high of 31F today, 9F tomorrow, 8F Sunday.
Forecasts are pretty divergent on the lake effect issue though; I
think I'll save a few different ones and see who gets it right....

Lake effect seems to be hard to predict. The best approach is to just
go and ski what's there when you got there.

Planning on making an appearance it the other peninsula anytime soon?

On any given weekend between now and mid-March, it's even odds; will
toss up a flag whenever I'm headed thataway. Say howdy to our
northerly neighbors for me, eh?

bw