Old November 10th 03, 04:38 PM
Steve Haigh

Default Ski Trip from hell!

helloblondie wrote:
i will have 2 get 'em over here i think as my car has sport = no suspension
= little wheel clearance. looked on link think i've found what i'm looking 4
tho'.

In that case you may well be better off getting a decent set, cheaper
chains will work just as well with regard to gripping the road but you
will want a guarentee that they won't damage you car. If you have
"normal" clearance there is not much risk, but with more sporty models
you want to be sure that the chain won't catch, especially at full lock.
I doubt the supermarket brands offer any guarentee.