Old February 23rd 13, 01:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Wide (High Volume foot) Classic boot recommendation?

"gene" == gene writes:

gene I have high arches and like the Fischer combi boot (NNN) for
gene classic (RC5?). Hartjes also is built for high arches, tho I
gene didn't like the fit years ago (SNS). And Atomic has always
gene been known for lots of room.

gene Gene

gene P.S. Looks like my ISP's newsgroup vendor just eliminated
gene rec.skiing.nordic, so it'll be life from google groups.

I went up to Waterville Valley Nordic today, and they said that
Atomics were now the widest. They had a pair of Atomic combi boots
that fit beautifully, so I ordered the same size on line in a pure
classic boot.

They also told me that next year Atomic is going to introduce boots
in different widths. I emailed an Atomic rep to get confirmation.

That would be great! We have lost all our good shops in the Boston
area, which means a lot of hit and miss and returns for gear.

Thank goodness Eagle River Nordic fits skis well.

OT.
I just got a pair of Tele boots delivered that were mislabeled. They
were supposedly Mondo 28, but there were really more like 26 (a 8-9
sized shell, rather than the 10-11 that Mondo 28 requires). A real
drag. My foot still hurts from just trying to put on one of them.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.skiing.nordic...)