Old January 22nd 04, 03:21 PM
paul m

Default Bought my first board, a little help please

i've definitely noticed a difference between the euro-centric stance
suggestions and the american more freestyle stance thinking. thats not a
cut, just an observation. 30/15 is a good setup for speed and cruising,
but i think its too aggressive for learning, when you're going to be doing
the falling leaf, which by its very definition means you're going to be
riding switch half the time.. riding switch (fakie) on a 30/15 setup is
difficult. period.

here in utah, all the shops use a 15/0 setup as the defacto stance, and
thats how i've always setup my friends when they're learning. now that
doesn't mean that they don't adjust that over time, but as a rule i think
15/0 to start is good.

Snowboardripper wrote:

This is a little extreme
Well, i would recommend you 30° in front and 15° in back.
With that it is easy to learn, and we always set bindings like that in
courses.

I would go with 15 in the front and 0 in the back. The above is more
of a hardboot set up. checkout http://www.hammersnowboards.com
then go to Tips then click on Binding Mounting - read all of them!
Watch the videos to!