Old February 16th 07, 11:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

Default Stupid helmet question ...

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:17:14 +0000, Champ wrote:

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:21:41 +0100, Ace wrote:

Heh. We were playing "spot the boarder" on the flight out last week.
We did remarkably well.

Good game to play from a ski-lift. Of the 100 or so people I could see last
time I did this, 90% of the boarders were stationary and all the skiers were
um ... skiing.

Christ, this conversation is so 1990s. Get over it, guys.

oooOOOoooh. Touched a nerve?

Not really. You've been out on the mountian with me - was there
really any difference in the way we behaved, or, for that matter, the
size of the grins on our faces?

What's that got to do with it? A good wind-up should never be
compromised by mere facts.

But yes, of course. I've skied with boarders loads of times, and those
who, like yourself, have taken the time to learn to do it properly
don't behave much differently to skiers. But you must admit that it's
still quite common to find a group of boarders sitting around in the
middle of a piste. Of course, that's easily avoided by just not going
on the piste...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)