Old January 13th 05, 12:22 PM
VtSkier

ant wrote:
"VtSkier" wrote in message

As others also pointed out, there is a limit to how
much a boot can be stretched, though I've seen a toe
blown out so much that Salomon driver bindings wouldn't
fit correctly and the owner had to buy Markers which
don't ride up on the boot toe so much, in order to get
consistent release function.

My atomics are almost at that point! They are the widebodies, and came with
a very square, aggressive toe. I had the right one pushed out a bit more, as
my toenail went black, and the bulge just clears the toepiece of the ski
binding, it actually goes over it.

ant

Ant,
Repeat after me:
"Before skiing in the autumn and every week thereafter, I
will cut my toenails as short as I can get them. Preferably
to a point where the front of my toe is well beyond the front
edge of the nail."

VtSkier