Old March 5th 16, 03:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default volkl kendo vs stockli Stormrider 88

lal_truckee wrote:
You don't even move right into dirt track racing without experience.
Cart is a common starting point, as is dirt bike.

The Brazilian Driver Massa regularly races karts when he is home in
brazil. Two of the kids in the F2000 series were from Brazil and had
video and autographs& pictures of them racing against Massa in karts.
One of the kids was a pretty good racer, he won the F2000 championship 4
or so years ago and then graduated to Indy lights. He won one Indy
lights race the day that Weldon lost his head, so there was little or no
coverage of his race.
But he still karts and there are many other driver that do to stay in
shape and most up coming drivers spend time in karts. The same way most
drivers have also spent time in formula fords or other small bore
formula car.
I was at a kart track assisting my friend and he was driving the track.
He came in after a session followed by a track hot shoe, a quick 12 year
old. The kid is mumbling I can not pass that old guy, who is he.
I said he used to race against Mario. The kid goes who's Mario?